Shawn Mendes has decided to call off the remaining dates of his world tour in order to prioritize his mental health. The concert dates he had scheduled in North America and Europe have been postponed.
The singer-songwriter said on social media on Wednesday, “I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away,” and he said he had been away for some time.
“After talking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally in order to ground myself and come back stronger,” said the woman. “After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time.”
There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back,” “If I Can’t Have You,” and “Senorita,” which Mendes sang with his ex-girlfriend Camila Cabello, are just three of the songs that have reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- RELATED: Purple Hearts: Who’s Who in the Cast of Purple Hearts? Their Ages, Partners, and Characters
Mendes began his world tour in June in promotion of his album “Wonder,” but he announced earlier this month that he would be taking a break from performing for three weeks. This break will now extend throughout the entirety of the tour
— Shawn Mendes (@ShawnMendes) July 27, 2022
Mendes stated that he had been “hopeful that I might be able to pick up with the remainder of the dates after some much-needed time off,” but he stated that “at this time I have to put my health as my top priority.”
The singer-songwriter gave his audience the assurance that he will keep creating music and will go on tour in the future. In his letter, he stated, “I guarantee I will be back as soon as I’ve had the appropriate time to recuperate.”
Shawn Mendes has decided to postpone a number of tour dates owing to the strain of performing live
Shawn Mendes, a Canadian pop musician, has decided to cancel the rest of his tour dates so that he may concentrate on his health.
After the Covid pandemic in 2020 put a stop to tours all over the world, the 23-year-old musician is one of several stars who have lately resumed their live performances.
- RELATED: Too Old for Fairy Tales: Character Ages, Partners, and Relationships Too Old for Fairy Tales Cast Explored
In spite of this, Mendes stated in a statement that he “was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away.”
He assured his devoted following that he will perform again after he “took the appropriate amount of time to heal.”
Mendes was not scheduled to perform in the UK until 2023, with shows planned in Birmingham, Glasgow, London, and Sheffield; however, those plans have been postponed at this time.
Mendes released the following statement on his social media platforms: “I started this tour happy to finally come back to playing live after a long gap due to the pandemic, but the reality is that I was not at all prepared for how difficult touring would be after this time away.”
“After talking with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally in order to ground myself and come back stronger. This is something I’ve never done in the past, and it’s something I’ve never done.
“It hurts me to have to tell you this, but I promise that I will be back as soon as I have allowed myself the appropriate amount of time to recover.”
He thanked fans for their support and reassured them that the fact that he had to cancel the gigs did not imply that he would give up making music. He said that he hoped to reschedule the shows at some point in the future.