Tyra Banks was born in Inglewood, California, on December 4, 1973. While she was still a senior in high school, she started her modeling career. Four modeling companies turned her down before she finally agreed to work with L.A. Models. She later secured a contract with Paris-based Elite Model Management when she was 16 years old, at which point she relocated to Milan.
Two years later, in 1991, she made her catwalk debut during Paris Fashion Week. Throughout her debut runway season, she secured bookings for a total of 25 shows.
What is Tyra Banks’s net worth?
According to a source, American television personality, actress, singer, model, and entrepreneur Tyra Banks have a net worth of $90 million. Despite beginning her career as a fashion model, Banks has amassed a fortune in television.
View this post on Instagram
- Banks got a partnership with the American cosmetics manufacturer CoverGirl in 1993. A few years later, she went to the United States to pursue commercial modeling.
- Banks is just one of a handful of black models to achieve “supermodel” status. She has been on the covers of Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Spanish Vogue, and Cosmopolitan, among others, over the years. She has modeled for Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Valentino, Fendi, Isaac Mizrahi, and Giorgio Armani, among others. She has also been featured in ad campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Versace, Victoria’s Secret, Pepsi, Nike, and many more.
- She was the first black model to grace the covers of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit edition and GQ magazine, both of which premiered in 1996 and 1997, respectively.
- Banks’ success as a model allowed her to diversify and led to several TV appearances. On The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire, she had a total of seven appearances as Will Smith’s longtime buddy Jackie Ames. This was her first television role.
- In 1994, she made her cinematic debut as a co-star in John Singleton’s drama Higher Learning. In the 2000 Disney film Life-Size, she co-starred opposite Lindsay Lohan as a living doll named Eve. Banks starred in the film’s sequel, Life-Size 2, eight years later. She has also appeared in Love Stinks (1999), Love & Basketball (2000), Coyote Ugly (2000), Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009), as well as other films.
- Banks obtained a non-degree credential from Harvard Business School in 2004 in order to launch her cosmetics brand, Tyra Beauty. In 2015, she started her e-commerce cosmetics website, tyra.com.
- In addition, Banks founded Ty Ty Baby Productions (now operating as Bankable Productions). The production business was responsible for creating both America’s Next Top Model, which debuted in 2003 and The Tyra Banks Show, which debuted in 2005. (2005–2010). Banks has hosted 23 of the 24 seasons of America’s Next Top Model.
- In 2008 and 2009, Banks received two Daytime Emmy Awards for best informational talk show for The Tyra Banks Show. She was allegedly making around $18 million per year as the host and from her other efforts at the time.
- Time magazine has frequently placed Banks among the world’s most important persons. She is one of four African-Americans and seven women to win this accolade on a continuous basis.
- Matthew Broderick Net Worth: How Much Money Does He Make?
During the 2010s, Banks was in a relationship with Norwegian photographer Erik Asla, and in January 2016, they had a biological son via surrogate. His name is York Banks Asia. The couple divorced in the autumn of 2017.
View this post on Instagram
Banks has also disclosed that she never drinks alcohol or uses recreational drugs. She has Instagram also.
In 2004, Banks paid around $3 million for a 5,740 square foot house in Beverly Hills. In 2016, she sold the Spanish Colonial with four bedrooms for $6.33 million.
Banks presently owns a 7,000-square-foot duplex in Manhattan with a salon, a gym, and a dressing room with a mirror. In 2009, she paid $10.13 million for the duplex in Battery Park City that contains four flats. In March 2015, she advertised the condo for rent, asking $50,000 per month. Then, in the spring of 2017, Banks listed the property for $17.5 million, but it has not yet been sold.
Banks has just begun flipping residences in Los Angeles. In May of 2018, she offered two properties for sale in the Pacific Palisades area. The first apartment was 6,135 square feet and was offered for $9.25 million, while the second was 3,700 square feet and was acquired for $4.25 million. She acquired the larger property two years ago for $7.35 million, while she purchased the smaller home in 2014 for $3.25 million. Within a few months, she sold both residences for $8.9 million and $4 million, respectively. In the same year, she also sold a Los Angeles townhouse for $1.47 million.
In February of 2018, Tyra purchased another Pacific Palisades residence for $6.995 million. In December 2021, she sold this house for $7.895 million. This is a video tour of this residence:
Tyra Banks Quick Facts
|Net Worth:||$90 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Dec 4, 1973 (48 years old)|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Businessperson, Television producer, Model,
TV Personality, Author, Screenwriter, Presenter
|Nationality:||United States of America|