Harry Edward Styles was born in Redditch, Worcestershire, England on February 1, 1994, and raised in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. He has an older sister, Gemma. His parents separated when he was seven years old. He attended Holms Chapel Comprehensive School, where he won a local battle of the bands as the lead singer of the band White Eskimo.
Harry Styles’s Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, The English singer, songwriter, and actor Harry Styles has a net worth of $90 million. He first gained notoriety as a member of the boy band One Direction; since the group’s dissolution, he has enjoyed a successful solo career. “Watermelon Sugar” earned him a Grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance in 2021. He was also nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Music Video for the song “Adore You” in the same year.
You May Like:
- Nancy Pelosi Net Worth: How Much Does the House Speaker Make Per Year?
- Kyle Richards Net Worth: Check Out Her Luxury Life!
Rise to Fame – The X Factor and One Direction
Styles auditioned for the seventh season of the British singing competition show “The X Factor” in 2010, at his mother’s suggestion. As a solo contestant who initially appeared on the show, he failed to impress the judges and was eliminated from the “Boys” category. He was grouped with four other solo contestants from his age group who did not make the cut, and they advanced in the competition as a group under the “Groups” category. Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Zayn Malik comprised this group. Despite placing third in the competition, the group achieved widespread popularity in the United Kingdom after Styles suggested the name “One Direction.”
Simon Cowell, record executive and judge on “The X Factor,” reportedly signed One Direction to Syco Records on a £2 million contract in January 2011. The group’s debut album, “Up All Night,” was released in November 2011, and it became the first UK group to have its debut album debut at number one in the United States. Similar success greeted the release of their second album “Take Me Home” in November 2012, their third album “Midnight Memories” in November 2013, and their fourth album “Four” in November 2014. They were the first group in Billboard 200 chart history to have all four of their albums debut at number one. After Malik’s departure in early 2015, the group released their fifth and final album, “Made in the A.M.” in November 2015 with only four members.
One Direction has won seven BRIT Awards, seven American Music Awards, six Billboard Music Awards, and four MTV Video Music Awards collectively.
Solo Music Career
View this post on Instagram
- Following the August 2015 announcement and the January 2016 implementation of One Direction’s breakup, Styles has pursued a successful solo recording career. In May 2016, he launched his own record label, Erskine Records, and in June 2016, he signed a solo recording contract with Columbia Records (the same label as One Direction).
- His self-titled debut solo album was released to positive reviews in May of 2017. To promote the album, he embarked on his first headlining concert tour, Harry Styles: Live on Tour, with stops in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia from September 2017 to July 2018. Styles’ second studio album “Fine Line” was released in October 2019, topping US charts and breaking the record for the highest debut sales by an English male artist. He was nominated for British Male Solo Artist and British Album of the Year at the 2020 Brit Awards.
- Styles is not only an accomplished singer and performer but also a skilled songwriter. He collaborated on numerous One Direction songs, including their hit single “Best Song Ever.” Other songs credited to Styles include “Just a Little Bit of Your Heart” by Ariana Grande and “Someday” by Michael Bublé (co-written with Meghan Trainor).
Acting and Related Activities
In addition to music, Styles has pursued a variety of other endeavors. Critics praised his debut performance in Christopher Nolan’s 2017 war film “Dunkirk,” for which he beat out more than one hundred other candidates. He is both the executive producer of the CBS sitcom “Happy Together” and a successful model, having appeared in multiple campaigns for Gucci in 2018.
Additionally, he hosted “Saturday Night Live” in November 2019 and “The Late Late Show with James Corden” in December 2017 and December 2019.
From November 2011 to January 2012, Styles dated “The Xtra Factor” host Caroline Flack, causing controversy due to their 14-year age difference. Additionally, he dated American singer-songwriter, Taylor Swift, in 2012 and model Camille Rowe from 2017 to 2018.
Due to his flamboyant image and personal style, Styles’ sexual orientation has long been the subject of rumor. Styles stated publicly in 2017 that he does not “feel the need to label [his] sexuality or identify with a single sexual orientation.”
Social Media Account
Harry Styles Quick Facts
|Net Worth:||$90 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Feb 1, 1994 (28 years old)|
|Height:||6 ft (1.83 m)|
|Profession:||Musician, Singer, Songwriter|